Saturday, April 11, 2009

Report Cards

Report cards are an official means of reporting student progress. Report cards evaluate behavior and academics.

I used to always look forward to report card day, however I think that report cards give some parents an excuse to not really be involved in their child's schooling. They only worry about it when report cards come around. They will start to be concerned after the first report card is sent home.

I like that report cards have space for the teacher's comments and I also like that schools require parents to sign the report cards to signify that the parent has seen it. In addition, parent teacher conferences are held after report cards are sent home, I think this makes perfect sense and report cards are extremely beneficial to students and parents.

2 comments:

  1. What would you do if a parent questioned a grade ona report card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a parent were to question a grade on a report card, I would explain why the student received that grade by showing the parent different assignments the student was assigned and their grades on each assignment pertaining to that subject. Also, I would hope to keep in touch with the parents so they know how their children are progressing in school.

    ReplyDelete