Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rubistar

After using rubistar to help me create my own rubric, I've discovered that Rubistar is a wonderful tool to teachers! I can see how it would be a time and energy saver because you wouldn't have to make a rubric from scratch. If you want to change, add or remove the criteria for any of the categories you have that ability. The site is free and gives teachers rubrics based on topics in each academic subject. Using Rubistar, teachers can create their own rubrics or they can search for rubrics created by other teachers.

I used Rubistar to make my rubric entitled, "Oral Presentation Rubric: 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'". The categories I chose to compose my rubric are pitch, speaks clearly, attire, listens to others presentations, preparedness, and collaboration with peers. The rubric is based on a lesson plan I made for Teaching Language Arts, it is a reading lesson. As an activity the students work in groups to act out "Goldilocks and the Three Bears". I like that by using Rubistar I was able to customize the rubric to adjust it to my liking. The rubric was generally more for an oral presentation and not necessarily a play, but with Rubistar I changed the rubric to be based on a performance viewed by the class.

1 comment:

  1. Kassandra!

    I agree with you about Rubistar! I don't see how any teacher [or teacher to be] could not like the site! It makes creating a rubric fast, easy and stressfree!

    ReplyDelete