Saturday, February 7, 2009

Introduction

My name is Kassandra Ayala. I'm majoring in American Studies and Elementary Education. I've wanted to become a teacher since I was about seven years old. I've always loved little kids especially after my sister was born. I'm a work-study in the Education Department. I've had a lot of experience working with children, I volunteered at an after-school program my junior year of high school, my senior year I worked at the same after-school program but in a different school, and this summer that just passed I worked at Kiddie Academy(a preschool/daycare). Working with children is not only something I like to do, but also something I do well. I want to start off as a teacher for either Kindergarten or 5th grade, those grades being my favorite. In the long run I'd like to open my own preschool. I live in Staten Island, NY and chose to attend Saint Peter's because it's close enough to home that I can go home whenever I want but far enough away that I can live on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment